myGifts enables you, your family, your friends to share your gift wish-lists.
Every user can:
- add gifts to his list or to other people's list,
- decide who can(cannot) see this or that gift,
- view other people's lists,
- claim gifts on other lists.
Users belong to groups. One can only see lists from people of the same groups.
PHP >= 4.2.3
mySQL 3 or 4.x (optional with PHP5)
- untar myGifts.x.x.tar.gz in your web server's document root.
tar xvfpz myGifts.x.x.tar.gz
- check that your web server
- create a mysql database (unless you already have one) or use sqlite if not (PHP5 only)
- launch http://votresiteweb/myGifts/setup.php in your browser
- select a language
- configure your database access
- create a "admin" user
Note : if you transfer the myGifts files to your web server trough FTP, you will
have to check that your web server can write to the myGifts/config directory
("group" and "other" write permissions are needed).
If that is not the case, the installer will advise you to create the config file
ADDITIONNAL INSTALL (POWER USERS)
- change the rights of the file : config/config.inc.php
mv config.inc.php config.save.php
cp config.save.php config.inc.php
If you upgrade from version 0.9, execute the sql script setup/upgrade-0.9.sql
If you upgrade from version 1.22, execute the sql script setup/upgrade-1.22.sql
If you upgrade from another version, the database upgrade is automatically performed.
You must remove the $setup = array( ... ); part from config/config.inc.php, as the
corresponding setup is now managed through the admin web pages.
By default, the cache and config directories have 777 permissions. If you think this is bad security,
You should do :
chown -R `whoami` config
chmod 755 config
chmod 644 config/*
myGifts is meant to run with safe_mode=On, register_globals=Off configured in your php.ini
(if you don't know what this is, don't be afraid, it will work on your configuration).
Many thanks to the Smarty developers. Great job !
SUPPORT MYGIFTS DEVELOPMENT
If you find myGifts useful and want to thank the author for it or keep the author motivated,
here is the author's wish list :
If you need features, drop me an email at email@example.com.
Copyright (c) 2003, 2004, 2005 Jean-Francois Bustarret. All rights reserved.
This software is released under the GNU General Public License.
Please read http://www.gnu.org/licenses/licenses.html#GPL.